At Settle & Green we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with standard terms and conditions) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
The rules on processing of personal data are set out in the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
Who are we?
Settle & Green is the data controller. This means we decide how your personal data is processed and for what purposes. Our contact details are: Settle & Green, 35 Woodman Road, Brentwood, Essex, CM14 5BG. Tel No. 01277 523 780. Email: email@example.com.
The purpose(s) of processing your personal data
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To maintain contact and communication with you during the course of a potential or new project.
- In the production of information relating to your project in order to provide our services, e.g. drawings, reports, applications and submissions.
- To maintain our own records and accounts.
- To inform you of news, events or activities.
- To purchase goods, materials and services from you.
The categories of personal data concerned
We process the following categories of your data:
- Personal data may include your name, address, email address, phone number, geolocation data, financial data for payments such as VAT registration and bank details.
We have obtained your personal data from you, your employees or from publicly available data.
Our lawful basis for processing your general personal data (article 6 of GDPR):
- Where you have given your Consent to the processing of your data for one or more specific purposes.
- Where processing is necessary as a legitimate interest for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract.
- Where processing is necessary for our or a third parties legitimate interests, except where such interests are overridden by your interests or fundamental rights or freedoms. For example contact details of clients and design team members for project contacts and for marketing purposes. Data used for the purposes of purchasing supplies, materials and services for the legitimate running of the business.
Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will be shared only with our staff, our consultants, and third party members of the project team where necessary.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep your personal data for no longer than reasonably necessary, but this may be for a period of 7 or 12 years beyond the end of the contract with you where we are legally required to do so. Typically, this will be a period of 6 years from the end of the last company financial year to which the records relate where a contract is signed under hand. Where a contract is signed under seal this period will be 12 years.
Providing us with your personal data
You are under no statutory or contractual requirement or obligation to provide us with your personal data, but failure to do so will reduce or prevent our ability to provide Professional services, including for example: our ability to act as your Agent and our ability to communicate with you during a contract. If this causes a conflict with our Professional codes of conduct and duties we may not be able to offer services to you.
Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of the personal data which we hold about you;
- The right to request that we correct any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary to retain such data;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time, WHERE YOUR CONSENT WAS THE LAWFUL BASIS FOR PROCESSING THE DATA;
- The right to request that we provide you with your personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller (known as the right to data portability) (where applicable).
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, (where applicable).
Transfer of Data Abroad
We do not generally transfer personal data outside the EEA, unless on a project by project basis the client or main supplier is a company based outside the EEA, in which case project team contact details may be shared with them for communication purposes only.
Automated Decision Making
We do not use any form of automated decision making in our business.
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Privacy Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions.
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints please in the first instance contact our Office Manager, on 01277 523 780 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.